Changes in Social Meia

I have not written anything in some time now and thought today I would give it a go.  The latest conversation that friends have been having is what to do if Facebook closes down.  Well in light of the fact that Facebook owner has created a platform to make billions, I do not see it closing down.  Then someone pointed out Myspace.  I remember the day when Myspace was the social platform.  You connected with friends and sent messages to each other.  You posted on your own wall and added photographs.  Today is more about music and videos then these connections.  They had a couple games that were cool and where you met people.  Funny, when Facebook came along people flocked in droves and there you had groups to interact with people on a certain topic and you had better games. 

Today, I went back to Myspace to see 1) if I could get in to the platform and 2) how it has changed.  Why would I do that?  Well many have been worrying that Facebook will collapse and their social interaction in the world outside of their front door will end.  Instead of typing a brief note to family and friend they may have to resort to old school and return to writing a letter or speaking on the phone.  They would loose their connections to each other and friends they have had over the years.  Well, my good friends I have their phone number so they would still hear from me.

Now I found out that on Myspace I was able to keep my “craft name” and not have to use my real name so my privacy remains; unlike Facebook where they only want real names but still allow accounts to come in and use bogus names.  Well it is hard to police trillions of people on a platform.  I have a random idea though for Facebook.  Hit the reset button.  Allow your members to use their craft names as long as you have a spot for their legal name and they put it there. You still have their real name and they are using their craft name keeping their privacy.  Allow people to opt out of ads cause not everyone would opt out of seeing the ads.  Some still want to see those ads just as some still believe in the fake news.

I enjoy the ability to join groups and learn more on a particular topic.  This platform is more for adults than teenager, but as you know we all grow up sometime.  You will never be able to stop people from sharing too much personal information or people from taking advantage from those who have shared too much for this is life.  We do not need our Government governing it or supervising it either.

At the end of the day, I think I will stay right where I am and not move off Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts