January 10, 2017

New Year and a new beginning with a chance to be a better person.  We have all made promises to do better, eat better, etc and many times we do not make it.  It isn’t that we gave up but that life got in our way.  Something always comes up, but we try nonetheless.

In growing up I was always instructed to begin the year with a clean house which equates to cleaning the house on December 31st for whatever you are doing on News Year day you will be doing the rest of the year.  I never wanted to clean every day so I always cleaned the house on December 31st.  I was never one to go out on New Years Eve so that was never a big deal and I was able to squeeze in a nap so I could stay up so mission accomplished.  So what did I do on New Years Day?

I would wake up and do my daily devotional to my Goddess, lighting her candle and incense and saying a brief devotional to her.  Get a cup of coffee sit down and look out the window with the pups.  I would have the black eyed peas going on the stove in the kettle, cabbage cooking (unless I was going to make slaw) and the greens cooking on the stove.  After my coffee, I would pick up the sage and holy water and cleanse and bless the house for the new year.  Once completed I would then begin my day of meditation and relaxation.  No, I would not have resolutions to keep or plans to work out more for I know I will do what needs to be done and when it needs to be done and resolutions just get broken.

I would spend time trolling through Pinterest to find new low carb recipes to try, essential oil blends that might work in the diffuser and tea recipes that sound great.  I keep a journal with food recipes and one with tea, essential oil blends and herbal medicine recipes.  Every one that is written down has been blended and used so I can say it was worth trying.  I have tweaked my recipes to make them my way and enjoyed every bit of the time.  For example, got a recipe from a friend for healing salve only using two herbs and I grabbed my herbal books and reviewed some herbs for healing and added a few more to my recipe.  End result an excellent healing salve that works fast and one that my family keeps on hand and uses for everything even their furbabies.  So I guess the best thing to know is have a good herb book on hand and do not be afraid to experiment.

I have been thinking these past several days that I need to concentrate more on me and my family.  I get lost on social media and spend time there when I would rather enjoy returning to reading and writing.  Let me see how long this will last.

Comments

Popular Posts